Hello readers, welcome to today’s blogpost.
Throw pillows are small soft furnishing item that can be used for functional or decorative purpose. It is beautifully crafted from a wide range of textiles including cotton, linen, silk, leather, microfibre, suede, chenille, and velvet.
Throw pillows are commonly used piece in interior design and comes in wide variety of shapes, sizes and decorative elements such as tassels and piped edges. They are an excellent final touch when decorating a living room, family room, bedroom, or even an outdoor living space. They are crafted in several different sizes, shapes, and textures and in nearly every color you can imagine.
Throw pillows are usually (loosely) placed on sofas or armchairs but are also frequently used on beds and floors. Throw pillow is a craft that serves both aesthetic and functional purpose.
Decorative throw pillows are commonly used to tie in color accents within a room, often drawing on the colors in drapes, walls or area rugs. They can also be used to give a more casual feeling by looking as though they were thrown onto a piece of furniture. From a functional perspective, throw pillows may provide back, neck and head support.
Below are 5 different types of beautifully-crafted throw pillows that will make great accessories for your sofa, bed, living room or outdoor space.
1. Square pillows: This is the most common type of decorative throw pillow, and they are great for a variety of uses. They can offer a pop of color to your regular decor, or they can add an extra level of comfort to your seating area.
2. Round pillows: Round throw pillows are mostly used for decorative purposes. They are circular in shape and usually feature a button tufted center. These pillows are great for accenting a couch, chair, or bed. If necessary, they can offer support for floor sitting or be used as head and neck support while lying down.
3. Bolster pillows: These pillows are made in a cylindrical shape, and they come in a variety of lengths and diameter. Sometimes they have flat sides or sides that are secured with cord trim and or ribbons. These pillows are great for lower back support or neck support while relaxing.
4. Rectangle pillows: You can use a rectangle throw pillow for decoration, for lower back support, for head and neck support, and even for leg support. These versatile pillows can live on your couch, your chair, or even in your bed, depending on what your needs are.
5. Novelty shaped pillows: The last type of throw pillow is the novelty pillow. Beyond being stuffed with cotton, their main feature is their unique shapes. You can get a novelty pillow in the shape of animals, things or whatever item you desire. The primary use for a novelty pillow is decoration, but you can use it for support too.
I hope you enjoyed today’s blogpost. Keep crafting and being innovative!