Hello Readers and welcome to today’s blog post.
Photography is a craft that deals with the visual sense. Photography craft is used as a medium for creative expression. Photography is simply defined as drawing with light.
From a broad sense of view and according to Wikipedia; Photography is the art, application and practice of creating durable images by recording light, either electronically by means of an image sensor, or chemically by means of a light-sensitive material such as photographic film. It is employed in many fields of science, manufacturing (e.g., photolithography), and business, as well as its more direct uses for art, film and video production, recreational purposes, hobby, and mass communication.
We have different types of photography, but I will be writing on five common types.
1. Food Photography: Food photography is a still life photography genre used to create attractive still life photographs of food. It is a special kind of commercial photography that provides realistic images for advertising campaigns, journals, packaging, illustrated cookbooks, etc.
2. Fashion Photography: Fashion photography is a genre of photography which is devoted to displaying clothing and other fashion items. The goal of this photography type is to capture beauty and fashion, often concentrating on clothing or accessories. Such photographs are used for magazines, ads, and commercial purposes.
3. Portrait Photography: Portrait photography shows a person or a group of people in a way that would better represent their personalities. Usually you concentrate on the face, highlighting interesting features, but that doesn’t mean you can ignore the background or the person’s pose.
4. Wedding photography: Wedding photography is one of the most common jobs in photography field where you shoot activities related to weddings. Wedding photography is a specialty in photography that is primarily focused on the photography of events and activities relating to weddings and it can be the shots of the couple before marriage and the coverage of reception and wedding.
5. Landscape Photography: Landscape photography shows spaces within the world, sometimes vast and unending, but other times microscopic. Landscape photographs typically capture the presence of nature but can also focus on man-made features or disturbances of landscapes. Landscape photography involves going around the world and taking shots of vast areas or tiny corners of nature.
Other types of Photography includes: Wildlife photography, Photojournalism, Street Photography, Architectural Photography, Sport Photography, Macro Photography, Documentary Photography, etc. It should be known that photography is a craft that deals with creative visuals.
I hope you enjoyed today’s blogpost. Keep smiling and crafting!